Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Bankers Bowl?

SCENE: Joel is watching the Auburn-South Carolina football game on TV. The large, blue and gold SEC logo is on the screen. Robyn enters.

Robyn: SEC? The Securities and Exchange Commission?
Joel: Haha, no. The Southeastern Conference.
Robyn: Oh. Cause I was wondering what the SEC had to do with college football.
Joel: Yeah, I always get it confused the other way around. I'll be reading the Times, and will be like, "Why is the SEC trying to regulate Wall Street? Will Lehman Brothers be playing Merrill Lynch in the Sugar Bowl?" and then I'm all, "Well, no duh we're in an economic depression! We left a football conference in charge of our financial industry!" and so forth.
Robyn: Actually, now I am thinking of financiers playing football for our pleasure, as some form of Mad Max-style punishment. The next step in reality programming.
Joel: Like "Blood Bowl"?
Robyn: I don't know what that is. But we could make them wear their suits and ties, and they could carry their suitcases, and they would be allowed to hit each other with their suitcases during the game.
Joel: I would pay to see that.
Robyn: A lot of people would. If someone had brought that up in the Senate hearings, they probably would have made it mandatory. And then in the next season you could have the survivors play the cast of Jersey Shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment